Our education programs are a cornerstone of our commitment to the community we serve.
- End of Life Concerns
- Wills and Probate
- Funeral and Cremation Planning
- Special Interest for Seniors
- Government Program
- Duties of an Executor/Executrix
Currently, we have two workshops scheduled. Keep watch on this page as more are added
Registration is required for all sessions
- The one at the Morinville Rendez-Vous Centre is a Lunch and Learn from 11am to 2pm. We will provide lunch, you just come to learn.
- The session at OLPH will be an evening event and will last from 7:30 to 9pm
If you would like to be notified of upcoming events, leave your information in the form below and we will connect with you when workshops are announced
If you would like a workshop for your group or organization call us at 780-590-0626
New for The Fall of 2019 Lunch and Learn – We bring the lunch and you can learn all about the funeral industry and how to make wise end of life decisions.
With over 100 years of helping families through the most difficult of time of their lives, we know that making final arrangements and the days following the service can be confusing and overwhelming.
Not only are family members coming to terms with tragic loss, they are also faced with making decisions they are ill equipped to deal with and settling estate matters with little or no experience.
For many families, the loss of a parent or spouse is one of the first deaths that they experience and are not prepared to handle all of the decisions and choices they will be faced with.
As part of our Family Service Program, we host workshops that will help educate our community members on what will happen when a death occurs and how to handle the estate matters with less stress.
Helping families to better navigate this unfamiliar territory BEFORE the need arises.
Some of the important points we will cover:
- What decisions have to be made when a death occurs?
- Simple steps to minimize estate settlement costs
- When does the Power of Attorney come into play? When does it end?
- Who needs a will and what happens if you don’t have one?
- How to ensure your final wishes are carried out and why your input is important now.
- What is Probate and when is this necessary?
- How to avoid emotional over spending by making decisions when you are thinking clearly
- What do the banks do when someone dies
- Questions you need to ask your family NOW!
Statistics show that 70% of people are unprepared in one or more of these extremely important areas of planning. Do NOT be a statistic. Get all the facts and resources you need now so you and your family are not making decisions under stress.
We spend our whole life protecting our families and now we have to opportunity, knowledge and resources to protect them when we can no longer be there for them.
Seating is limited so please register and reserve you seat as soon as possible
All participants will receive and Executors Survival Guide and Emergency Grab-n’-go Kit
There is no cost or obligation to attend. All workshop materials will be provided