The following information and service options will be reviewed during the Arrangement Conference.
The following information is required to register the death with Alberta Vital Statistics.
- Full name (first/middle/last)
- Social Insurance Number (nine digits)
- Provincial Health Care number
- Provincial Drivers License number
- Complete mailing address
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Date of death
- Place of death (name of hospital/care facility)
- Occupation (during working years)
- Marital status (at time of death)
- Name of spouse (provide maiden/birth surname, if applicable)
- Full name of father (if known)
- Birthplace of father (if known)
- Full name of mother (provide first name and maiden surname)(if known)
- Birthplace of mother (if known)
- Full name and address of the executor / next of kin***Please bring a copy of your loved ones government issued I.D.(Operator’s License, Identification Card, Passport, Birth Certificate etc.) regardless if it is expired or current. We also ask that you bring with you a copy of the will (if applicable).
The following information and items may or may not be required:
- Preferred date, place, and time of funeral service
- Name and telephone number of the officiating pastor/minister (if need be, we can help find a (non) or denomination pastor/minister to officiate at the funeral service)
- Picture for the front of the memorial card (a good-quality close up)
- Picture for hairdressing purposes
- Clothing: undergarments, outfit, and stockings (shoes, slippers and perfume/cologne are optional)
- Details for the obituary notice (names of surviving and predeceased family members: Information on obituaries)
- Both a hard (printed) copy and a copy saved on a disk or CD or USB storage device of the obituary notice (if you have written it yourself)
- Full name of casket bearers or honorary bearers
- Full name of eulogist (person presenting the eulogy)Complete Reminder List for Arranging a FuneralFuneral Arrangements can be a very overwhelming experience, as there are many decisions that need to made in a short period of time.The following links will provide you with information about our Funeral Home, and the value enhancing services and product offerings that we offer.
Our Three Chapel Locations
Having a place to gather and visit to celebrate your loved one’s life is one of the most healing parts of the grief process. At Connelly-McKinley Funeral Homes, we can help plan funerals in a special place you designate or at any of our three Chapel locations.
|Mayfair Flowers – Our own on-site Flower Shop |
Our professional floral designers can assist you in choosing the perfect floral design for all your family’s needs. We offer a variety of custom designed, contemporary or traditional arrangements that can be modified to personalize your tribute. We are committed to providing beautiful floral designs that will be meaningful for your family.
Visit our Flower/Gift Shop
|Writing and Publishing an Obituary|
Our Funeral Directors will assist your family with composing, final touches, and publishing of the obituary in any newspaper.
Read sample obituaries.
|Reception & Catering Centres|
Connelly-McKinley offers a full selection of menus for everything from catering small gatherings to multi-course, seated meals at one of our locations, your home or another facility. We are dedicated to making your gathering special.
Information on our Reception Centres
|Caskets, Urns, DNA Preservation and other Product Offerings|
A wide range of product offerings to meet the needs the families we serve. We encourage you to click this link and watch a brief two minute video
Learn more about product offerings.
|Broadcasting the Funeral Live – Via the Internet|
Family and friends that are not able to attend, can watch and listen to the funeral service LIVE via the internet. This service is offered in our three chapels, churches, or in a facility of your choice.
Information on Webcasting
Connelly-McKinley can produce a DVD tribute of your loved one which draws from the power of imagery and music to create a personalized, enduring celebration of life.
Information on DVD Tributes
|Prevost Coach Bus (Transportation for the Family and/or Friends)|
Offering comfort, safety and convenience for the family and friends; our Prevost coach bus is equipped with an onboard theatre system, kitchenette and restroom facilities. As well as a secured resting area for the casket.
Information on our Prevost Coach Bus
To make certain that proper cremation procedures are followed at all times, Connelly-McKinley Funeral Homes has established its own crematorium. This ensures that your loved one never leaves our care, giving us all peace of mind.
Information on our Crematorium
|Sign Language Interpretation|
We are able to provide Interpretation services for the needs of the deaf and hard of hearing.
Information on sign language interpretation
A trained After Care Counselor will help provide valuable hands-on assistance with many of the Estate matters that must be dealt with.
Information on after care