History of Connelly-McKinley Funeral Homes
Joseph William Connelly immigrated, from Minnesota to Alberta's Riviere Qui Bare area in 1904 with his wife, Isabelle.
In 1909, he established Connelly-McKinley Funeral Home with the vision of offering greiving members of his community the comforts and caring of family in their time of need. His eldest son, Bill, worked with him, joined in later years by younger brother Thomas. Four generations and more than century later, Connelly-McKinley Funeral Homes and Crematoriums continues their tradition.
The family now owns and operates three funeral homes in the Edmonton area: the Downtown Chapel, whose present location opened in 1980; St. Albert Chapel, which opened in 1982; and our newest location, the Sherwood Park-Millwoods Chapel, which opened in 2001. All of our funeral homes were designed by J. Stuart Todd, an internationally renowned architect specializing in funeral homes, with interior design by Tom Freeman of Freeman and Associates, a design firm that also specializes in funeral homes.
Our family helping your family since 1908